Have you ever wanted to learn how to create beautiful works of cookie art?
Join us in this hands on class and learn the skills and techniques to create your very own beautiful and tasty treats!
This class is ideal for those with little to no previous experience. We'll cover everything you need to know to get started on your way to decorating cookies!
10am - 2pm (4 hours), includes tea, coffee, light refreshments
What you will learn:
- Baking techniques (what makes the perfect cookie to decorate, including reducing spreading/even thickness/perfect shapes)
- Making, flavouring and colouring royal icing
- Mixing different icing consistencies (ie. working with two consistencies to outline and flood and working with one consistency for outlining/flooding)
- Decorating basic shapes with multiple colours
- Wet on wet techniques
- Working with fondant moulds and icing transfers
- Drying/storage/shelf life/allergy adaptations
What to bring:
Just your wonderful self, ready to learn and have fun! We supply all the tools and equipment. You will take home a gorgeous box of 8 completed cookies as well as recipe and notes booklet!
The classes are held in my registered home kitchen in Seaford Meadows (40mins south of the Adelaide CBD). The address is supplied at confirmation of your booking.
Maximum of 6 participants per class.